1) Position at MM I live in a land far, far away (outside the UK), so I help MM mostly online by posting on some social media networks (tumblr, Pinterest and instagram); I also do the #ThrowbackThursdays post (ideas are welcome! Just comment below ).
2) Three things you would take with you on a desert Island If it’s a tropical island, I rather stay where I am ;). I guess I’d take books, my little family (husband and fur-kids included), and a solar panel powered laptop with broadband to keep in touch 😛
3) If you weren’t doing MM what would you be doing instead? Aside from also volunteering at the Malamute Club of Belgium, I guess I’d spend more time actually finishing up the renovations at our home.
4) What is the toughest part of your job? There are two things: Seeing all the dogs in need. It’s heartbreaking to see dogs being dumped (whether by people who don’t want to care for them anymore or because they are busted from puppy mills). The second thing is the indifference many people show. Closing our eyes to the situation doesn’t help.
5) Where do see MM in the next 2 years? With a much wider outreach . It’s not only about helping dogs in need, Malamute Matters is also about creating a community that really cares.
6) Do you have dogs yourself? Breed? Names? How many? Only two Alaskan Malamutes, half siblings Atka and Igaluk (if I would have my way, I’d have more). I also have two kittens a Nordic forest cat mix, Milo and a European shorthair mix, Elvis (well, they are no longer kittens, they’re almost 9 years old, yet they are still my kittens).
7) When away from MM what do u do in you spare time (if any)? Walk the Moots and when the weather is suitable we try to train for the mushing season (we are rookies, so we have tons to learn, but it’s real fun!); if we have the strength, we continue renovating out house bit by bit, and being out and about on shooting days (both my husband and I like photography, and if we can, we take our Moots with us).
I also volunteer at the Alaskan Malamute Club of Belgium where I have recently become responsible of treasury, members’ administration and sponsorship and this year, my husband and I are getting ready to participate in the 2015 Arctic Expedition. We were so inspired by Christine and Richard’s expeditions that we decided to fulfill one of our dreams and help a bit while we’re at it. We have set up a blog to keep track of our preparation progress and for after the expedition, as well to shout out all those that want to help Malamute Matters and the Alaskan Malamute Club of Belgium. We have created some chip in packages, so whoever helps out by donating, aside from the satisfaction of helping out dogs in need, will also receive something in return as a thank you from our part. Feel free to take a look around: http://acrossthealaskantundra.wordpress.com/
8) What is the best part of your role at MM? I get to research things I wouldn’’t otherwise for the “Throwback Thursdays “post. I also get to be in touch with like-minded people, and learn a lot in the process.
9) Fave band, actor and TV Show?
Favorite bands: Evanescence and 30 Seconds to Mars, and well, this comes to a surprise to many people, but I love goth metal, and I’m all in for anything alternative.
Favorite actor: Jared Leto (did I mention I’m a 30STM fan?)
Favorite TV show: Gilmore Girls
10) Any human kids/grand kids? Names? None, just furry kids J